LawPay Pro lets you earmark and track trust funds for each client's case. This is particularly useful if a single client has multiple cases, each with its own dedicated trust allocation and minimum balances.
Allocating Trust Funds to a Case
There are two ways in which you can earmark funds for a case. The first of which is upon initial deposit of trust funds via sending a Trust Request:
- Select the Trust Request button from the dashboard.
- Select the relevant Contact, Amount and Bank Account information from the Deposit Into drop down.
- You will also be given the option to Allocate Funds to the desired case. Leaving this option blank or selecting Unallocated will leave the funds earmarked for the client, not an individual case.
How do I earmark a set of funds for a particular case?
You may also earmark funds for a case retroactively after the initial deposit.
- Select the Contact Tab and select a Contact.
- Choose the Billing Tab and Trust Allocations.
- This view will display all of the cases tied to the client and the trust balances allocated to each case.
- Click the edit (pencil) icon under Trust Allocation next to the case to which you want to allocate funds.
- This brings you to a screen where you can earmark the necessary amount
Note: if multiple trust bank accounts are tied to this client, you can allocate funds from all accounts on this screen).
How do I keep track of a client's trust account transactions?
- Select the Contact Tab and select a Contact,
- Choose the Billing Tab and Trust History
- From this view, you can view all trust account transactions and filter the history by individual case and/or bank account.