This article will walk you through how to create & manage custom Saved Activities in LawPay Pro. When adding a time or expense entry, you will be asked to specify an Activity for the entry.
These activities list all the time and expense categories for your firm. For example, your activities list may look something like this:
- Client Call
- Client Email
- Client Meeting
- Document Preparation
You can customize your activities list to be relevant to your firm.
Viewing & Editing Billing Activities
- Go to the Billing Tab.
- Select Time Entries button.
- Select Manage Saved Activities
- See a list of all Saved Activities in your account.
- Select the Edit (pencil) Icon to update the Activity window. Select the Delete icon to remove the activity from the system. You will be asked to confirm the deletion.
Adding Billing Activities
- Add a New Activity by selecting the New Activity button.
- Add the Name and a Description.
- Select if it is a Flat Fee or leave deselected if not a fixed amount.
- Select the Enter Activity button to add a new activity to the Saved Activities list.
Adding Billing Activities to Time & Expense Entries
On the Home Page, you can Add Time Entries and Expenses from the Add Time Entry or Add Expense buttons.
To create a new billing activity for future use:
- Select the Add New Activity button.
- Add the Name of the Activity.
- The Activity appears in the Activity drop down the next time you add an entry.
When renaming an activity, all time/expense entries that used the activity are updated! All time entries that used "Court Appearance" will be updated to "Readiness Hearing." All time entries that used "Court Appearance" will be updated to "Readiness Hearing." However, when editing the default description, the revised text will populate moving forward (past entry descriptions will not be affected).
When you delete an activity, all existing time/expense entries with that activity will still have the associated activity! For example, if you delete an activity called "Client Phone Call," each time/expense entry that used the activity "Phone Call" will still have it assigned as the activity. This also includes the related description.
Learn more about Time Tracking.