Account settings allow you to edit your profile and notification preferences, import and export contacts into the system, add new users and edit permissions if you are an Admin on your account. You can also view firm users and update invoice preferences.
To access Settings select the Settings button in the side navigation panel. Along the top of the screen are tabs that allow you to view information within settings. Each one is defined below.
Firm Users Tab
- The first thing you see is Firm Users.
a. You can sort by Active or Inactive users by selecting the Status drop down.
b. Below are The User NAME, TITLE, ACTIVE CASES, and the DEFAULT HOURLY RATE. The LAST LOGIN and their STATUS.
c. You can edit a user's DEFAULT HOURLY RATE by selecting the edit (pencil) button and adding the Rate. Select the Update Rate button to confirm. This rate will automatically default when creating time entries.
- To Edit Permissions, select the Edit User Permissions button.
- To Add a New User, select the Add New User button.
- Firm Settings can only be viewed or edited with Admin User permissions. In Firm Settings, Admin users can update this information in the Billing tab.
- The Preference tab allows you to upload your logo. To do this, Select the Preferences tab.
a. Select the Edit Preferences button.
b. Update or Remove the logo.
c. Save Preferences.
The Import/Export tab allows users to Import and Export Contacts and Companies from other software using our Contact Import spreadsheet. Click here to learn more about Importing Cases, Contacts & Time Entries.
In this tab, you can also create a Full Backup. When you create a full backup, we'll build a .zip file containing all your data so you can download and save it. You can request one full backup per day, and we'll retain your backups for seven days. After seven days, your old backups will be deleted to save space.
To create the backup:
- Select the Full Data Backup tile.
- Request Backup tab.
- Backups are created as CSV files.
- You have the option to Include archived items or Send an email when the backup is finished. Select either item, both or none.
- Select the Export Full Backup button to create the backup.
Client Billing Tab
The Client Billing & Invoice Settings tab allows users to Edit Preferences, including Default invoice Payment Terms and Terms and Conditions. Select the Edit Preferences button to make changes.
In the Invoice Preferences tile:
- choose the option to Display 1 number or 2 numbers after the decimal point in the Time Entry Hours section.
- Select Default Invoice Payment Terms by clicking the entry field.
- Change Default Invoice Terms and Conditions.
- Change the Default Message for Trust Requests.
- Select the Save Preferences button to save changes.
My Notifications Tab
The My Notifications Tab lets you:
- Set up how often you’d like to see Recent Activities via email in the Recent Activity Tab.
- Select which activities you want to see as part of the email notification.
- This is also where you will set up Individual Notifications, such as when An electronic payment has been made on an invoice.
My Profile Tab
Allows you to update Contact Information. It is available for all attorneys in your firm (but nothing other than your name is visible to clients).
- To edit Contact Information select the Edit Contact Information button.
- Make Changes in LawPay.
- Save Changes.
The My Settings Tab lets you update your Time Zone by selecting the Edit Preferences button.