How do I pay an invoice with funds from my client's trust account in LawPay Pro?
To pay an invoice with funds from a client’s trust account, open the invoice you want to accept payment against. To do this:
- Go to the Billing Tab.
- Find the Invoice you want to pay from the client's trust account and click View OR click the $ dollar sign icon in the table row
- If you clicked the view button, now click the Record Payment button.
- Select From Trust Account.
- Select a Contact and Bank Account.
- Choose the client's trust account allocation you would like to use to pay the invoice.
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer from the client's trust account and apply it to the invoice as a payment.
- Select the Make Payment button.
There are multiple ways to view the payment from Trust:
- When looking at the invoice in the History section
- By going to Payments > Transactions
- Go to Contacts and select Trust History to see the Amount and Balance for the Trust Account.