For in-person transactions, you can use your LawPay USB card reader to swipe a client's card. This means completing the transaction faster, less clerical errors, and happier clients.
How to use your USB card reader
- Plug the card reader into a USB port on your computer and wait for the LED light to stop blinking.
- Sign into your LawPay account and click on Charge then Accept Payment to open your secure payment page.
- Click Swipe Card in the "Payment Information section" to activate the card reader.
- The payment page will display “Swipe Now...” and gray out all payment fields when ready for a swipe.
- Slide the card with the magnetic stripe facing down into the reader and opposite from the LED light.
- A successful swipe will fill in the Card Number, Expiration Date, and Card Holder Name on the payment page. You are only required to fill in the dollar amount and CVV code for a swiped transaction.
- Click Submit Payment when you are ready to process the payment.
USB card reader troubleshooting tips
- If your card reader was working previously but is now having issues, try clearing the cache and cookies of your web browser.
- Use a modern, up-to-date web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge. Switching to a different web browser will often resolve issues with the card reader.
- Try a different USB port if one is available.
Note: The USB card reader must be plugged into a standalone desktop or laptop. The device will not function with cloud-based computing configurations.