The easiest way to ensure payment from clients is to set up transactions in advance. Scheduled Payments allows you to maximize cash flow by guaranteeing your clients’ invoices are paid. Payments are managed through LawPay’s proprietary card vault to maximize security and eliminate the risk from storing payment information in your firm.
There are several ways to schedule recurring payments in LawPay:
Scheduling payments from the Schedule tab in LawPay
- When logged into LawPay, first click the Schedule button in the navigation menu.
- Click New Scheduled Payment.
- When creating the scheduled payment select a first charge date and a recurring frequency. Next select if this scheduled payment will recur indefinitely or until a final amount is paid.
- Once you click on Submit Payment, you will see a success screen to let you know the recurring payment profile was saved correctly.
Scheduling payments from the payment page
- Click Charge from the left navigation menu in LawPay.
- Click the Accept Payment button below the payment page you wish to view. Because you are logged into LawPay there will be a Frequency section.
- Select the frequency and duration.Note: When creating a recurring profile in this manner, the first charge will commence the moment that you click "Submit Payment." The payment profile will then adhere to whatever schedule has been established for future payments.
Scheduling payments from a previous transaction
- Click on Transactions from the left navigation menu in LawPay.
- Select any transaction from within the past six months that you wish to create a schedule from and click Create Schedule on the right.
Note: The initial transaction will NOT factor into the recurring billing profile. For example, if you schedule a client’s card to be billed $500 on the first of the month, every month, until they pay a total of $2,000, and the initial transaction you clicked on was for $500, that card will be billed $2500 in total, as the initial charge is not included in the recurring billing parameters.