To manage a client's trust deposits and history in LawPay Pro, you will go to the Contact Page and select the Client whose trust account you want to manage. Then select Billing.
You will see tabs for Trust History, Trust Requests and Trust Allocations.
Edit and Delete a Trust Request
To edit a Trust Request:
- Choose the Trust Requests Tab
- Select the three dots underneath the Trust Request button for the contact whose trust request you want to edit.
- Select Edit or Delete.
- Edit the Amount.
- Update the Request, which changes the amount due when the client views the payment page.
Tip: Edit the amount or due date to remove overdue or outstanding status
- If Deleting the Trust Request, Confirm that you want to Delete it.
Refund a Trust Deposit
To refund a Trust Payment:
- Choose the Trust History Tab.
- Under the ACTION column, select the Refund link.
- Choose if the refund will be issued as an Online or Offline payment.
IMPORTANT - If selecting Offline payment, please note that this refund is only for record keeping purposes and will not move actual funds out of your account.
- Add the Refund Amount or select Refund Entire Payment.
- Add Notes.
- Select the Refund button. Online Payment Refunds will be debited from your bank account in 2-3 business days.
- Once you’ve made a refund, a note will appear that a refund has been made in the DETAILS column.
Paying an Invoice from Trust
- Select the Invoices tab
- Click the $ icon button in the Invoices table OR Click the Invoice
- Click Record Payment
- Complete the Record Payment form by selecting From Trust Account
- Select a Contact and Bank Account if different from the default
- Select Trust Account
- Add Amount and Notes
- Make Payment
Making an Offline Payment for a Trust Account
To collect an offline payment for a client:
- From the Dashboard, click the Collect Payment button
- Select the Contact
- Apply to the Trust Account or Trust Request
- Select the Trust Allocation to a case, or choose Unallocated
- Select the Offline Payment Tab
- Select the Payment Method
- Enter the Amount and any notes
- Click Deposit Funds
- Confirm the Deposit and View the Deposit Confirmation
- Once the payment has been recorded, you will see it on the Trust History screen.
Withdraw from Trust
- Select Trust History
- Select Withdraw from trust button.
- Select the Trust Account that the funds will come from. This can be from a case or an Unallocated account.
- Select the date if different from the default date of today.
- Enter the Amount
- Add notes if you wish
- If the funds are being withdrawn and deposited into an operating account, click the Transfer to Operating Account option and choose the correct operating account if you have multiple accounts.
- Finally, click Withdraw.
- The withdrawal will appear as a line in the client's trust history.
Export to PDF
To print out the trust account ledger, go to the client’s Contact Details page and select Billing and Trust History. Export the list as a PDF from here by clicking the Export as PDF button.