Default billing rates can be customized and assigned to every firm employee. Specific case rates can be set up for any user at the firm for any case.
When time entries are created by, or on behalf of, someone at the firm, if there is a specific case rate their default billing rate is pre-populated in the rate field. If the case selected
Setting a Default Rate
To add a default billing rate:
- Go to the Settings Page.
- Click the edit (pencil) icon under the DEFAULT HOURLY RATE column for the firm employee.
- Add the Default Rate.
- Select the Update Rate button.
Tip: Default billing rates can be overridden on a per-case basis. For example, Your default billing rate is $250/hr., but there is a case/matter that you would like to bill at $300/hr. No problem!
Setting a Case Specific Rate
To set up specific case billing rates:
- Find a contact you want to set up specific rates for.
- From Contact Details, click the Cases tab.
- Click to Add Case Link or the edit icon on the pencil of an existing case.
- Add rates under the All Staff & Rates section.
- Select Save.
Billing Rates & Invoices
If the case you select when adding a time entry line item to an invoice that has a default or case rate, then the rate field will be automatically populated. You can update these rates when creating or editing an invoice.
- Edit the Rate: When creating a new or existing invoice, you can edit time entries by selecting Add Line Items.
- To change the hourly rate, select the Cost/RATE field and change the amount.
- This changes the total amount of the invoice.
To learn more about Time Entry, click here.