With LawPay Pro, you can quickly generate invoices, track time and expenses, securely accept client payments, and monitor invoice status - all in one platform. If your client mails or brings in a physical check, you can pull up the client information and note that the payment was made, marking the invoice as paid. This way, all payment information is still stored and tracked in one place.
You can also record a payment on behalf of your client. To do that, select the Collect Payment button.
- Select a Contact and the invoice, trust request or bank account for the payment to be applied/deposited into.
- If paying by Credit Card, select the Online Payment tab. You can collect online payments over the phone or in person.
- Add the Credit Card Number, Expiration information, CVV and Zip code.
- Select Save this card for future payments to make future payment processing easier.
- Add the Amount and Notes.
- Click the Make Payment button.
- Confirm the Payment amount.
- An email of the receipt is sent to the client, but you can also print the receipt by selecting Print Payment Receipt.
Other payment methods can be applied so that LawPay Pro accurately reflects the status of receivable amounts and all income is reconciled to the case and clients, regardless of the payment method. If the client comes in with or mails you a check, you can record that as an offline payment the same way as above.
- Select a Contact and the invoice, trust request or bank account for the payment to be applied.
- Select the Offline Payment tab and a Payment Method.
- Add the amount and notes.
- Choose a Contact
- Select the account the offline payment will be deposited into
- Click the Make Payment button
- Confirm the Payment amount