Accurately tracking time is essential for billing clients and ensuring payment for your work.
To make time tracking easier, built-in timers are included in LawPay Pro. They work like stopwatches. Simply start when beginning work on a case, and stop when finished. This time is associated with the proper case and type of work being done.
You can track time for yourself or another timekeeper - such as an attorney who manually keeps track of his or her time but does not want to log into the system regularly.
With the Time Tracking feature, your firm can:
- Start timers to keep track of your time on a task.
- Keep tabs on billable and non-billable time.
- Set an hourly default for each employee.
- Create custom time entry activities such as email or client meetings.
Add Time Entry from Dashboard
Add time entries from the Dashboard by selecting the Add Time Entry button.
- Select the Add Time Entry button on the dashboard.
- Select the Case drop down to select a case.
- Select the User drop down or confirm the correct user is associated with the time entry.
Tip: The User field defaults to the current user, but you can record time for other employees at your firm by selecting their names.
- Select an Activity or Add a New Activity if needed.
- Select if the entry is billable.
- Add a Description.
- Add the Date and
- Add the Rate.
- Select if it is an Hourly or Flat Fee by using the drop down.
- Add the Duration.
- Select Save to save time or Save and New to add more time entries.
Built-In Timers increase the amount of time you can bill clients. Whenever you start working on a billable activity - like drafting a document, answering the phone, or writing an email - you can start a timer with a single click. Built-in timers work as stopwatches. Simply start when you begin work on a case, and stop then you're finished. This time will be associated with the proper case and type of work being done and will automatically be added as Time Entries in Invoices.
Viewing the Time Entries Tab
Time Entries can be viewed by:
- Selecting Billing and choosing the Time Entries button.
- Here you can see Open, Invoiced or All Entries.
- Filter Entries by Case, Search Term or Date Range.
- Sort Entries by Date, Activity, Duration, or User.
- Edit an entry by selecting the pencil icon or delete an entry by selecting the garbage icon.
Tip: Add Time Entry by selecting the Add Time Entry button in this window.
The Timesheet Calendar tracks time entries and goals for individuals in your firm. The timesheet calendar allows users to view their own billable or non-billable time. You can set a daily goal, and administrators can view others’ calendars to track productivity by clicking the arrow next to the user’s name.
- View by Week or Month.
- See the Total Billable amount for the time period.
- View hours worked and Goals Completed.
- Set a goal for hours worked by adding them to the Time Goal.
- The time will change to green once the targeted hours are completed for the day.
- View time entries and add a new time entry by clicking on a day.
- Within the side drawer, you see time entry details for a specific date, including:
- The Activity
- Case and any Notes.
- Time and total charged.
- If the time has been invoiced.
- See the Day’s total hours and amount billed.
- Close the window, View All Time Entries on the Time Entries page or Add a Time Entry.
- Toggle through days by using the forward and backward buttons.